I love getting to know random fun facts about people, whether they are friends, clients or folks I follow online. So I thought I would spill the beans on some of the things that inspire me (and potentially annoy my husband!) so that you can get to know me a little better!
Meet Jennifer Dene: Founder of Mind Body Bride
- I workout to rap, EDM, and Andrew Lloyd Webber soundtracks. Why not?!
- I listen to reggae when I am in the kitchen or driving to the beach.
- My dream is to see Celine Dion in concert. So, if your bachelorette party is in Vegas…
- I never know the words to any song. But that doesn’t stop me from singing.
- Our first dance was to a reggae song by The Green. It was individual, upbeat and totally perfect.
- My best ideas come when I am out walking, than goodness for the Evernote app.
- I love the mornings. You will catch me at my best at 6:30am. Don’t expect me to be the life of the party after 9pm.
- My desk, fridge and dining room table are covered with Post It notes quotes. Bite sized inspiration.
- I think that we should never stop learning. I always assume that there is another way to do what I do, or think how I think.
- Pinterest has turned the wedding planning world on it’s head. I loved being able to share my vision with our suppliers.
- I would eat avocados at every meal if I could.
- I like chocolate in the morning and cereal at night*
- But, I have overcome a pretty stellar cereal addiction (no joke), so I try to minimise nightly forays into brightly coloured boxes!
- My husband and I bonded over a love of food (and the smell of old books). All the MBB recipes are as delicious as they are healthy.
- The food at our reception was our number one priority and our chef shined by showcasing local, Australian produce – think caramelised Bangalow pork belly, coconut prawns and macadamia & lemon crumbed haloumi.
On Random Facts
- I am not ashamed to admit that I adore Nicholas Sparks’ novels.
- I wanted to become a lawyer when I was younger, simply to own a briefcase.
- I deplore when people litter from their car windows.
- If I could be in a movie it would have to be an action flick, with terrific fight scenes.
- There was a whale migration during our beachfront wedding ceremony. Totally awesome!