It’s been a while since I’ve shared a recipe with you ladies (the last one was these yummy vegan popsicles).So I’m excited to get back in the kitchen and share some tasty, healthy, diet-free recipes that will complement your bridal workout routine.
I spent some time umm-ing and ahh-ing about what to cook first — it can sometimes feel overwhelming to be a foodie — so I decided to start at the beginning of the day with a recipe for flour-free banana and coconut pancakes.
This recipe comes from Green Kitchen Stories, by David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl. They have a blog and a couple of cookbooks that are literally good enough to eat.
I’m not much of a sweet eater. While I do like a little something each day, such as dark chocolate or homemade ice cream, I tend to choose savory dishes for my main meals. But I’ve gotta admit that there’s something nostalgic and comforting about the idea of tucking into a plate of pancakes for breakfast.
Unfortunately, or perhaps luckily, traditional pancakes make my stomach feel awful, so I haven’t eaten them in years. I think it’s the combination of masses of refined flour and sugar that does it.
But these pancakes are flour-free, and free from added sugars if you omit the maple syrup. Hurray!
I made up a big batch on Saturday to eat as snacks this week, but I have a feeling that they won’t last too long, especially if Nate has a say in the matter.
I hope that you’re excited to get into the kitchen and give these pancakes a go, I have a feeling that you (and your fiancé) are going to love them.
But First I’d Love To Hear From You
What other recipe requests would you like to see on the blog? Perhaps your favorite comfort food could do with a bridal makeover… Let me know by leaving a comment below!
Flour Free Banana And Coconut Pancakes
Makes 10 pancakes | GF
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp coconut oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup or plain yogurt, for topping (optional)
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Place in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together with the eggs and coconut. Add the blueberries (reserve a few for serving) and stir well.
- Heat the coconut oil in a 10in (25cm) non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add two to three tablespoons of batter for each pancake. You should be able to fit 3 to 4 pancakes in at a time.
- Use a spatula to carefully flip the pancakes when they have set and the bottom is golden — about 2 minutes on the first side and 1 minute on the other.
- Stack the pancakes and top with reserved blueberries.
Here’s the link to the original recipe from Green Kitchen Stories.
More Low Sugar Treats