Yep, you read that title correctly, I’ve been inspired to create a “Mariah Carey wedding workout”. I know, I’m such a dork!
It seems that a day can’t go by without an update on the singer’s wedding diet, or drama, or both. But that doesn’t mean you can’t shape up for your own big day with a workout & playlist inspired by the pop diva herself.
Today’s Sprint & Sculpt workout is a terrific way to get some serious cardio into your routine — in bite sized chunks. I think many of us get really bored with cardio, or struggle to run for any great length of time, so breaking it up into short bursts of cardio followed by strength training is a great solution.
About The Workout
- Sprint: Each set has 4 rounds of running and 4 rounds of rest; the incline, speed and duration becomes more challenging in each set.
- Sculpt: Here you have 4 simple body weight moves; the first set you simply start with squats, set number two is squats and lunges, set three add the pushups, set four add the crunches, set five increase the repetitions. To make the Sculpt phase more challenging you can hold a 10 pound dumbbell in each hand for the squats and lunges. Pushups can be done on knees or toes.
I’ve written this workout for a treadmill, but you could also use an elliptical or stationary bike. You may need to make a few tweaks to the resistance but keep in mind that each set should be harder (faster and steeper) than the previous.
Sprint & Sculpt: The Mariah Carey Wedding Workout
Don’t Have A Treadmill? Here’s How To Sprint Outside…
If you don’t have access to any cardio equipment you can also do this workout outside, in a park or using any hills in your neighborhood. Here’s how you can break it down:
- Sprint set one: Fast jog on a flat surface for 60 seconds, rest for 30 seconds; repeat four times.
- Sprint set two: Medium paced run on a flat surface for 45 seconds, rest for 30 seconds; repeat four times.
- Sprint set three: Fast paced run (preferably on an incline) for 30 seconds, rest for 15 seconds; repeat four times.
- Sprint set four: All out sprint on a flat surface for 20 seconds, rest for 20 seconds; repeat four times.
- Sprint set five: All out sprint (preferably on a steep incline) for 20 seconds, rest for 40 secondsl repeat four times.
…And The Playlist!
More Workouts Like This
Advanced Treadmill Sprints (18 minutes)
Low Impact Treadmill Sprints (30 minutes)
Now I’d Love To Hear From You
What’s your favorite Mariah Carey song? Fess up below!