Today’s recipe is for a delicious anti-inflammatory green smoothie that packs a big nutritional punch with the addition of a well formulated multi-vitamin.
Low sugar green smoothies are a staple in my household and regularly appear on my breakfast menu during the warmer months. I love that they are easy to prepare, filling and nutritionally dense.
This particular recipe has the added bonus of using a stevia sweetened multi-vitamin sachet from Calton Nutrition, nutreince, which allows me to decrease fruit sugars and pack even more health into my glass.
To be completely transparent I am an affiliate for Calton Nutrition Products, which means that I get a small referral fee for anyone who purchases their items through my unique link. However, the reason that I am an affiliate is because I noticed a boost in my own digestive health and energy after using their products, which is why I am happy to recommend them to you.
OK, let’s move on to the good stuff!
The Healthiest Breakfast Smoothie Ever
Why You Want This
In an ideal world we would all chew properly, have fantastic digestion and assimilate all of the nutrients from our food. Unfortunately, that’s rarely the case — here’s why:
- The morning rush hour extends to our eating habits, and we often chow down on breakfast without coming up for air in between bites. Since chewing releases digestives enzymes that help to break down food and assimilate essential nutrients, not chewing properly reduces the nutritional value of your meal and can cause unsexy symptoms, such as: indigestion, heartburn, constipation, bloating and low energy.
2. Modern agricultural practices have depleted the nutritional value of our soil, lowering the amount of essential vitamins and minerals found in fresh produce.
Blending your meals is the cheats version of chewing. The blender has already done the tough work of breaking down the vegetable fibers, making more nutrients available for digestion. Couple this with an added dose of easy to absorb vitamins and minerals and you have one super healthy smoothie — #bridalglow
Why You Need This
This smoothie packs a serious health punch — think jab, jab, right hook, uppercut in terms of vegetables, healthy fats, proteins and vitamins.
- The green vegetables, herbs and spices are low in calories and high in cleansing chlorophyll and curcumin.
- Fresh or frozen coconut meat provides medium-chain triglycerides, a healthy dietary fat that aids in the assimilation of fat-soluble vitamins, such as A, D, E, and K
- A clean protein powder fuels muscles and provides satiety until your next meal
- A properly formulated multi-vitamin ensures that you absorb and utilize as many micronutrients as possible.
How To Eat This
When I said blending is the cheats version of chewing I wasn’t letting you off the hook completely. Smoothies, and even juices, still need to be “chewed” in order to generate saliva and give a heads up to the stomach that food is on the way.
Your nutreince Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1.5 cups spring water
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, cilantro or mint
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen coconut meat
- 1 inch fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1 grind or 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (black pepper helps to activate the bioavailability of curcumin in turmeric … but don’t worry, you won’t taste it)
- Juice from 1 lime
- ice cubes (if desired)
- 1 scoop In.Power Protein Powder, or protein powder of your choice (purchase here)
- 1 nutreince sachet, flavor of your choice (purchase here)
Add everything except the protein powder and multivitamin to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add protein powder and nutreince and blend briefly to combine. Serve immediately.
Now I’d Love To Hear From You
In the comments below let me know if a well-formulated multi-vitamin is part of your bridal wellness routine, and if not, why not.
Jennifer Dene XO