I have started posting quick social media workouts on Instagram and Facebook. My goal with these short exercise clips is to help busy-women get fit and strong without having to leave home. I thought it would be fun to make a compilation of these exercises for you, and extend it to a full length workout!
This workout focuses on sculpting beautiful arms and legs, with the addition of one plyometric movement to get your heart rate up. You don’t need any equipment, but if you’d like to increase the challenge during the back lunges simply pick up a pair of heavy weights.
P.S. Just because I change outfits and location halfway through doesn’t mean you have to!!
Why You Want This
- You need maximum toning-bang for your workout-time buck
- You’re looking for a results driven workout that doesn’t use equipment
- You want a workout that doesn’t leave you feeling like a sweaty mess
Why You Need This
This one workout trains every muscle in your legs and ankles, as well as the shoulders, triceps, chest, deltoids and abs. You’re definitely going to feel that day-after burn, which I know you love … right?!
How To Get Your Fiance On Board
Have him join you! Between you and me (I have been sworn to secrecy, so shhh) one of my husband’s friends sent a video of himself and his girlfriend busting out this leg series and it was awesome! Your man won’t know what hit him when he tries to do the second position arch work.
How To Do This Workout
- Start with a 5 minute warm-up such as taking a jog around the block, doing butt kicks and jumping jacks or hopping on the treadmill if you have one at home
- Complete move A for 30 seconds, rest for 15 seconds. Repeat with moves B & C
- Immediately repeat from the top, but this time rest period is only 10 seconds
- Repeat one more round with 30 seconds of work & 5 seconds of rest
- Once you have finished three rounds of legs, rest for 1 — minutes and begin the arm circuit
- Complete the arm circuit in the same way (30 seconds work + 15 seconds rest; round two = 10 seconds rest; round 3 = 5 seconds rest)
- Choose your own ending: Repeat the whole series from the top, OR do 10 minutes of steady state cardio