Today we’re talking about the three wedding day backup plans that you need to know about, but that you probably haven’t considered…
You have a plan B for rain on the wedding day.
And you’ve figured out how to handle those last minute cancellations (frustrating but under control).
But are you prepared for any hiccups that might throw a spanner in the works for YOUR ultimate enjoyment of the big day?
In the logistics of pulling together a wedding you might forget to plan out your ideal, personal experience. But don’t worry, today’s three wedding day backup plans have got you covered!
Your Bridal Wellness Wedding Day Backup Plans
How To Find Time To Eat When The Reception Is Spent Socializing
In an ideal world you will be able to relax during the reception, and enjoy the amazing menu that you and your fiancé have chosen. But that’s not always the reality.
Between photos, talking with guests, having the first dance, and sticking to the schedule, you might be hard-pressed to find a moment to eat at all.
The real problem arises when, with the excitement of the moment, you forget that an empty stomach, plus nerves and a couple of glasses of champagne, can lead to trouble. At best you’re looking at a bad hangover the next day, at worst getting sick during the reception.
Plan ahead with these simple tips:
1. Ask the caterer to prepare a simple picnic to be eaten during the post-wedding photoshoot. Not only does this give you both a chance to eat, it also makes for super cute pictures!
2. Extend cocktail hour by 15 minutes, during which time your and your groom can have a sit-down meal before the guests enter the reception area.
3. Put your bridesmaids in charge of carrying purse-snacks. While not ideal, at least this means that you can snack on nuts and dried fruit during bathroom breaks.
How To Overcome Last Minute Nerves
No matter how prepared you feel, nor how strong your meditation practice is, nerves are part of the wedding day package.
While gentle butterflies are welcome — they will heighten your awareness — debilitating nerves can ruin the ceremony experience. I’ve known brides who haven’t been able to look up as they walk down the aisle, or who have rushed through their vows without taking a breath … this is your big day and you should be able to savor every moment.
A simple technique that I teach my brides is the 10 Count Breath Meditation. Breathing acts as a natural tranquilizer for the nervous system and is the fastest way to calm the mind, and to feel centered in the present moment.
To do this exercise, simply will close your eyes and take 10 deep breaths, counting every inhale and exhale as they occur (for example: inhale – one, exhale – two, inhale – three… and so on). Once you reach ten, start again at the beginning for a total of three rounds.
How To De-Bloat On The Big Day
Several things can lead to a bloated belly, including stress and dehydration, which are common for brides to experience on the wedding day — it can be easy to forget to drink enough water during hair and makeup time.
Learning how to de-bloat quickly is essential so that you will feel confident and sexy in your dress. Here’s what I recommend:
1. Drink a mug of warm water with lemon first thing in the morning. This rehydrates the digestive tract and helps to get things “moving”.
2. Rest in child’s pose. This calming posture can alleviate anxiety that can cause bloating: kneel and make a V between your legs. Sit on the knees and lean forward with your hands stretched out away from you. Put your head on the mat and hold it for 30 seconds.
3. Sip a superfood smoothie. This Papaya Turmeric Bliss is my go-to smoothie to help de-bloat, as papaya and pineapple contain enzymes — bromelain and papain, respectively — that break down protein and ease digestion.
Papaya Turmeric Bliss
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen papaya
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 small piece turmeric, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon protein powder of your choice
- 4 ice cubes
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Now I’d Love To Hear From You
Do you have any wellness backup plans for the day of your wedding? If so, share them below!
Jennifer Dene XO